To renew your adult passport by mail, you must be aged 18 years or older and have a passport that:
If you meet all of these criteria, please follow the instructions below.
If you don’t meet the criteria, you’ll need to book an appointment to lodge your application in person.
1. Complete the application form online
When you create your passports account, you will be directed automatically to the correct form.
Please ensure the contact details on your form are up to date.
2. Print, sign and date your form
- Print the application on plain white A4 paper in black ink only. You may need to adjust your print settings so that the top/bottom of the pages are not cut off. Applications must be less than six months old.
- Sign the form using a black pen only, within the white signature box with no alterations or ‘whiteout’ on the signature or the date. If your signature touches the edge of the box or beyond, the application cannot be processed.
3. Supporting documents
PC7s are a streamlined renewal form. You only need to send us:
Your completed application form
At least two passport photos (see below)
Completed payment authorisation form that can be found on our fees page.
Two Australian standard passport photos, less than six months old, with your full name written on the back of one photo with a black pen. The photos must meet our photo guidelines.
- Please note: It is helpful if you can provide four photos, in case one or both photos are rejected for minor scratches, dust or other blemishes when scanned. We will return any unused photos to you with your new passport.
Please do not attach the photos to the form as this may damage them. Send them loose or in an envelope.
Please complete the payment authorisation form on our fees page.
You can collect your new passport from the Embassy or we can post it to you (a postage fee applies).
6. Mail us your application
- Please send your completed application form, passport photos and completed payment authorisation form to:
Australian Embassy Copenhagen
Dampfærgevej 26, 2nd floor
DK-2100 Copenhagen Ø
Please don't send your passport with your application.
7. We will tell you when your passport is ready
We will email you when your passport has arrived at the Embasssy for you to collect, or with the postage tracking details if you have paid for us to post it to you.
Due to increased demand, passports are currently taking 8-10 weeks to arrive at the Embassy from successful lodgement. Incomplete applications will cause delays.
While your application is being processed, your previous passport remains valid until its expiry date. It will be automatically cancelled when you collect your new passport (or 30 days after we have posted it to you).
Page updated: 22 December 2022