Australian Embassy
Norway, Iceland

Dual Citizenship

Dual Citizenship Information

The Australian Embassy in Copenhagen is not able to process citizenship applications. 

Dual Citienship in Denmark

The Danish Ministry of Immigration and Integration provides information on dual nationality in Denmark:

Dual Citizenship in Norway

Norway will allow dual citizenship - please read the information carefully:

Australia has recognised dual citizenship since 2002 so you can apply for Norwegian citizenship without losing  Australian Citizenship

For queries on dual citizenship, please contact the Norwegian Directorate of Immigration (UDI) for advice.

Dual Citizenship in Iceland

Iceland recognises dual citizenship.  Details on the law governing dual nationality in Iceland can be found in the Icelandic Nationality Act:

For general information about dual citizenship legislation in Norway, Denmark or Iceland, please seek information from these authorities:


Updated/reviewed  13 November 2023