Travelling to Australia
Planning a visit to Australia?
If you hold a passport from the European Union, Andorra, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Norway, San Marino, Switzerland, or Vatican City you can apply electronically free of charge for a visa to visit Australia for a holiday.
- See: Holiday Visa Information (this link directs to our embassy in London)
- See: Travelling to, entering, and departing Australia (this link directs to our embassy in London)
- See: Transit Visa Information
Find more information here:
- Australian Citizenship
- Explore visa options
- Visa processing times
- Providing Biometrics
- Changing visas
- Update personal details
- Work and holiday – status of Country caps
Plan your trip with australia.com, the official Australian tourism website. It has travel information and planning tools, a currency converter, daily weather updates, interactive maps, suggested holiday itineraries, holiday deals, specialist travel agents and more. Information on the site is available in nine languages.
For information about tourist visas, visit the Tourists page on the Department of Home Affairs website.
Find out about studying in Australia with studyinaustralia.gov.au, the official Australian Government website for international students. It has information about courses, institutions and scholarships available to overseas students.
There are a number of scholarships or awards available to help you to study in Australia:
- Australia Awards offer an opportunity to undertake study, research and professional development in Australia.
- International Postgraduate Research Scholarships enables international students to undertake a postgraduate research qualification in Australia and gain experience with leading Australian researchers.
- JASON (Joint academic scholarships online network) is a search engine that helps overseas students find available postgraduate scholarships.
For information about visas for study, visit the Students page on the Department of Home Affairs website.
Work or business
We are not able to help you find employment in Australia.
For information about visas for work or business, visit the Workers page on the Department of Home Affairs website.
For information about visas for working holidays, visit the Working holiday page on the Department of Home Affairs website.
Bringing items into Australia
Can you bring it in? (abf.gov.au) is a quick guide to what you can and can't take to Australia.
You can also find more information about taking medicine and food to Australia on this page.
Foreign Missions in Australia
Updated 24 January 2022