The Australian Embassy Copenhagen provides consular assistance for Australians in Denmark, Norway, and Iceland facing serious difficulties overseas in line with the Consular Services Charter.
- Assisting Australian citizens in difficult situations overseas, including serious injury, illness or death, and arrest and detention.
- Providing support during crises and international emergencies.
- Delivering information and advice to help Australians help themselves and avoid difficulties overseas.
- Issuing passports and travel documents to Australian citizens.
- Offering a limited range of notarial services, such as witnessing and legalising documents and administering oaths and affirmations.
- What we can and cannot do: Assisting Australians overseas within limits.
Emergency contact details
If you, or someone you know, needs urgent assistance or you have significant welfare concerns, emergency consular assistance is available 24 hours a day by calling the Consular Emergency Centre (CEC) in Canberra on:
- 1300 555 135 (within Australia)
- +61 2 6261 3305 (from overseas)
For urgent assistance during Denmark working hours, depending on your location, please contact the team in Copenhagen:
Since July 2015, the Canadian Embassy in Reykjavik is able to provide consular assistance to Australians in Iceland in accordance with Australia’s consular sharing agreement with Canada.
Updated/Reviewed on 4 August 2021