We're coming to Norway! The next Embassy outreach to Oslo will be on 24 and 25 November 2021. Scroll down for more details.
How can I submit my passport application?
1. Book an appointment at the Embassy
All passport applications can be submitted by appointment at the Embassy and the following applicants MUST apply in-person:
- adults applying for their first passport
- adults who have not held a passport since 2005
- anyone replacing a limited validity passport or emergency passport.
To see the list of documents required and to book an appointment, please click HERE.
Passports applied for in-person generally take three weeks from the date of interview to arrive at the Embassy, once all requirements have been met.
2. In some circumstances, you may be able to mail us your application*
In response to COVID-19 restrictions, the following applicants may book an appointment at the Embassy OR mail us your application:
- adults renewing their passport using a PC7 form
- adults who have been issued a 10-year Australian passport since 2005
- children applying for a passport using a PC8 form.
*As COVID-19 restrictions have eased, mailed-in applications will end on 30 November 2021. Applications postmarked up to and including 30 November 2021 will be accepted. We recommend sending by registered mail or courier.
To see the list of documents required and how to send them to us, please click HERE. If you cannot obtain certified copies, you will be required to book an appointment.
Passports applied for by mail generally take five weeks from receipt of a fully completed application to arrive at the Embassy. Incomplete applications will not be accepted and may cause delays.
Passport applications are being processed in Australia and your financial institution may apply an international transaction fee for payments processed in Australian currency.
What are the photo requirements?
- You must provide two identical colour photographs of yourself with your passport application form.
- The photographs must be no more than six months old and meet these photo guidelines.
- We strongly recommended the photographs be taken by a professional photographer.
- Some applications require one photograph to be endorsed by a guarantor - please read the instructions for your particular application carefully.
How much does the passport cost?
The passport application fees (in Danish krone) are adjusted monthly due to variations in exchange rate against Australian dollar. Please note that passport fees do not include postage costs.
Check passport application fees here.
Note: We can only accept your application when complete with all supporting documents and the correct passport application fee has been paid.
How long will it take to process my application?
- Passports applied for in-person generally take three weeks from the date of interview to arrive at the Embassy, once all requirements have been met.
- Passports applied for by mail generally take five weeks from receipt of a fully completed application to arrive at the Embassy.
- These turnaround times do not include additional in-country mailing time if you choose to have your new passport sent to you via registered mail.
- If you have an urgent need to travel and cannot wait the standard timeframes for a full validity passport, the Embassy may be able to issue an emergency travel document, in certain limited circumstances. Please contact the Embassy in Copenhagen at + 45 70 26 36 76 for further details and requirements.
Embassy outreach to Oslo - November 2021
Now that COVID-19 travel restrictions have eased in Norway and Denmark, we are pleased to announce an outreach visit to Oslo on 24 and 25 November 2021.
The outreach will be held at the Grand Hotel in Oslo, and embassy staff will provide passport and notarial appointments on Wednesday 24 November from 10:00-18:00 and Thursday 25 November from 11:00-19:00.
It will be by appointment only, with the appointment confirmed once payment has been received. Applicable fees will be advised on 1 November 2021, giving you plenty of time to make the transfer.
To book a passport appointment, email [email protected], with ‘Embassy Outreach’ in the heading. Please provide the following information in your email:
- Passport application number (8-digit barcode including the letter (ex: 12345678P) in top right hand corner of the application form(s))
- Most recently issued passport number (if one has been issued)
- Full name and date of birth of the passport applicant(s)
- Preferred date for the interview
- Your current residential address
More information about Passport applications: http://denmark.embassy.gov.au/cpgn/passport.html
Please note, we can only assist with witnessing signatures at the Embassy outreach. To book a notarial appointment, please email [email protected] and provide the following information:
- Information on what type of document you request to have notarised.
- Preferred date for the appointment
- Your current residential address
More information on Notarial services: http://denmark.embassy.gov.au/cpgn/consular.html
Please note, the outreach visit will comply with any COVID-19 restrictions or measures in place at the time.
Updated on 14 October 2021